The chairman of the Big Data Committee in Smart City Consortium, Dr. Peter Kwan, is going to introduce to you how Big Data is useful in the development of a “smart city”. For example, in the “Smart Traffic” project, data analysis aids in managing traffic flows and traffic congestion. Also, Big Data can also provide a solution to enhance the education processes’ efficiency as well as minimize internet security threats. This is a free taster class, and it is especially suitable for those who are interested in further study.
– The importance of big data technology in the Smart City development
– Understanding how data analysis helps the “Smart Traffic” project
– How to apply big data in order to improve “Smart Education”?
– How does Data Science minimize internet security threats?
Lecturer: Dr. Peter Kwan
Date: 22nd September (Sat)
Time: 4PM – 5PM
Address: 9/F South China Building, 1-3 Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong (MTR Central Station Exit D1)
Dr. Peter Kwan Profile：
– A Hong Kong well-known information technology expert
– The founder of Expert System Company Ltd., a renowned IT system integrator which merged with Lenovo China Group in 1992, and successfully listed in Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 1994
– Executive Vice President in one of the largest Chinese digital content providers, the China INFOBANK Limited
– Chief executive for a Fortune 500 company and the world’s largest technology distributor
– The chairman of Big Data committee Smart City Consortium.