3-Year Full Time Bachelor's Degrees
HK X UK TWO-PLACE UNIVERSITY LEARNING EXPERIENCE
The content of the 3-year degrees in Hong Kong mirrors the Sunderland-based undergraduate programmes and allows you to benefit from Sunderland’s learning and teaching without leaving Hong Kong. The course has been validated by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) in the UK to ensure that the University is quality-assured in all aspects of teaching and curriculum. The University of Sunderland in Hong Kong is offering 3-year bachelor’s (honours) degrees which include half-year study in our UK campuses, so that students can broaden their horizon and gain valuable exposure to British culture.
Alternate Study Route For DSE / A-Level / IB Students
BA(hons) Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
● BA (Hons) Business and Management (Reg. No. 252466)
● BA (Hons) Business and Human Resource Management (Reg. No. 252649)
● BA (Hons) Accounting and Financial Management (Reg. No. 251761)（Ranked 27th in the UK*）
● BA (Hons) Business and Marketing (Reg. No. 252745)
● BSc (Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management (Reg. No. 252190)（Ranked 2nd in the UK*）
*The above ranking is based on 2018 The Guardian University Guide
+ Applicants are required to fulfil both academic and English entry requirements. Applicants who are not accepted onto Year 1 of the bachelor’s degrees may apply to enter a 1-year BTEC Higher National Certificate (HNC) (Reg. No. 252895) which can lead into Year 2 of bachelor’s degrees. For academic and English requirement details, please contact our admission team.
YEAR 1 ENTRY
- Completion of HKDSE / A-Level / IB Diploma
- Academic requirement is calculated by the highest scores in ANY subjects
- HKDSE Chinese / Liberal Studies / Mathematics result is not compulsory as long as the candidate obtains the required UCAS tariff points
- 64 UCAS tariff points with an English language proficiency of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
BTEC Higher National Certificate
- 1 Subject pass in HKDSE / A-Level or equivalent
- An English language proficiency of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
Students can progress to the second year of the bachelor degree upon successful completion of the HNC**
*Students must complete BTEC Higher National Certificate and qualify for the Academic English Program (EAP) and the BTEC Higher National Certificate (HNC) program.
DSE / A-Level / IB Diploma students can submit the appliation with an exemption of $350 application fee from now onwards. The application procedures are as the following:
- Visit https://www.sunderland.edu.hk/apply-now/and submit an online application
- Our admission advisor will contact the applicant to assist in completing the application
- Applicant will receive a conditional / unconditional offer letter within 14 days
- Offer holder has priority to reserve a place or confirm the offer on or after the result release day
2018-19 TUITION FEE
3-year full time bachelor’s degree programmes – HK$65,000 per year
1-year Higher National Certificate programme – HK$50,000
● The above tuition fees are only applicable to the University of Sunderland in Hong Kong.
● Tuition fees for students studying in the UK campus do not apply to the Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme。
Up to HK$30,000 Scholarship for 2018-19 Entry
● The scholarship is valid until 15 September 2018
● Student can apply the scholarship via the “Principal’s Recommendation Scheme” or “Self-Recommendation Scheme”
● Terms and conditions may apply. Please refer to our Admission team
Hong Kong residents can apply for the Extended Non-Means-Tested Loan Scheme to seek financial assitance from the Student Finance Office – Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency.
University of Sunderland in Hong Kong
The University of Sunderland has a rich heritage spanning over 100 years. The University offers a unique opportunity to study for globally recognised qualifications in the heart of Hong Kong’s vibrant business and financial district. The University announced the launch of the Hong Kong campus at the British Consulate on 2nd March 2017 and introduced the University’s highly successful ‘Career Ready’ approach to the Hong Kong market.
- One of the top five multinational education institutions in the UK
- The highest-rising University of 2017 Guardian University Guide
- The Best University in the Northeast of England (Business Education Satisfaction) of 2017 Guardian University Guide
- The University of Sunderland won the silver medal of TEF in 2017, and it is the same as many top universities in the UK.
- According to the 2018 Guardian University Guides, the University of Sunderland ranks 4th in the Hospitality Management and Tourism, 27th in the Accounting and Financial Management, and 52nd in Business and Marketing.