This newly developed Master’s Degree in Data Science programme will provide you with the technical and practical skills to analyse big data that is a key to success in future business, digital media and science. Study industry-specific topics and specialise in areas such as data mining, machine learning, data analytics and visualisation, and security of big data.
Our close links to industry and businesses, as well as the research expertise of our academics, makes this course unique and ensures that the course structure is developed according to the needs of the employment sector.
Graduates of MSc Data Science will be recognised by OpenCertHub.com and receive papers exemption for the Certified Data Professional in Open-source Software (CDPOS™) Module 1: CDPOS-M01 “Big Data and Open Source Fundamentals Certification”.
CDPOS™ is designed for certifying Data Literacy for an employee in digital transformation enterprise, currently offering 3 types of Role-Based certification (Data Citizen, Citizen Data Scientist, and Advanced Citizen Data Scientist), which includes 4 types of module certification (CDPOS-M01 Big Data and Open Source Fundamentals, CDPOS-M02 Data Visualisation Essentials, CDPOS-M03 Data Analytics Essentials and CDPOS-M04 Python for Big Data Analytics). Please click here for more details.
Programme features :
- Apply data analytical skills for forecasting the future and insight
- Educate and transform individuals to be Data Scientists
- Include an introduction and advanced usage of R Language and Python
- Harness new forms of data with increasingly powerful computer techniques
- Complete 180 credits with 4 modules and 1 master’s project in 20 months
- Assessment methods include written reports and research papers, practical assignments, and the master’s project
- Study in Hong Kong campus facilitated by Hong Kong based academic and student support teams
- An easy-to-use interactive online learning platform with access to more than 10,000 online learning resources including e-books and journals in business
- Upon the successful completion of this programme in Hong Kong, Graduates in Hong Kong will achieve the same awards as the internationally and locally recognised UK degree
- Graduates are entitled to an additional certification from OpenCertHub – CDPOS-M01 “Big Data and Open-source Fundamentals Certification”. A collaborative scholarship is available for CDPOS certificate holders, details please click here.