This newly developed Master’s Degree in Data Science course is designed for aspiring data science professionals in Hong Kong. This course prepares Hong Kong students with technical and practical skills to master big data analytics, a key to success in future business, digital media and science sectors. Dive deep into industry-specific topics, including data mining, machine learning, data analytics and data visualisation, along with data and cybersecurity.
Our close links to the industry and businesses, as well as the research expertise of our academics, makes this course unique. We strive to ensure that the course curriculum is developed to cater to the in-demand needs of employers in the data science field.
Graduates of the MSc Data Science course are recognised by OpenCertHub.com with papers exemption for the Certified Data Professional in Open-source Software (CDPOS™) Module 1: CDPOS-M01 “Big Data and Open Source Fundamentals Certification”.
CDPOS™ is designed for certifying Data Literacy for an employee in digital transformation enterprise, currently offering 3 types of Role-Based certification (Data Citizen, Citizen Data Scientist, and Advanced Citizen Data Scientist), which includes 4 types of module certification (CDPOS-M01 Big Data and Open Source Fundamentals, CDPOS-M02 Data Visualisation Essentials, CDPOS-M03 Data Analytics Essentials and CDPOS-M04 Python for Big Data Analytics). Please click here for more course details.
- A course based in Hong Kong on applying data analytics for forecasting and insights
- Education to transform individuals into Data Scientists
- Introduction and advanced learning of R Language and Python
- The harnessing of new forms of data with evolving computing skills
- Completion of 180 credits with 4 modules and 1 master’s project in 20 months
- Assessment methods include written reports and research papers, hands-on assignments, and a master’s project
- Studying in Hong Kong campus with local academic and student support teams
- An easy-to-use interactive online learning platform with access to more than 10,000 online learning resources, including e-books and business journals
- Upon successful completion of their data science studies in Hong Kong, students will be awarded the same certificate and qualifications as university students in the UK.
- Graduates are entitled to an additional certification from OpenCertHub – CDPOS-M01 “Big Data and Open-source Fundamentals Certification”. A collaborative scholarship is available for CDPOS certificate holders. For more details, please click here.